ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Bold Businesses Support Local, Made in the Neb!
Bold Nebraska welcomes you to our exciting web-based, interactive map project called “Made in the Neb.” Our mission is to highlight businesses, clean energy projects, and small farmers and ranchers in Nebraska who support five objectives Bold is working toward to help make Nebraska a great place to live and work. Let’s stand together to show that we proudly produce the best products and services while supporting clean energy and protecting our land and water resources.
- 40% clean energy: The smaller and more locally owned energy — like solar on rooftops and barns — the better. Right now Nebraska is roughly at 10% clean energy statewide, but Lincoln and Omaha are close to 40%.
- Modernize state infrastructure in rural and urban towns: More bike paths, walkable cities, public transportation, parks and rural broadband.
- Support family farmers and ranchers: Help more restaurants, schools, and hospitals use locally grown food; Local control of food systems and less Industrial Ag which often leads to abuse of workers, animals and the environment; we must also put an end to eminent domain for private gain so landowners have security over their property.
- Protect our water: Ensure the Ogallala Aquifer is classified as a protected water source to safeguard our state’s most critical resource.
- Ensure small businesses workforce and tax issues are a priority: Clear focus on health care costs; taxes and incentives that support small businesses while ensuring local schools have the resources needed from a fair tax base (i.e. stop tax handouts for big corporations).
If you are a farmer or rancher who produces food, a homeowner who has installed renewable energy; a restaurant that uses local food; a music venue that promotes local artists; something in between, or beyond — we want to know about what you’re doing so we can spread the word to other Nebraskans and visitors to our great state.
Enjoy shopping in the Neb knowing your dollars are building a bold Nebraska!